Privacy & Cookies
Privacy & Cookies
Sky Studios Elstree
This privacy notice applies to the processing of personal data by Sky Studios Elstree. Sky Studios Elstree is the trading name of the division of Sky Studios Limited which sells business-grade studio products and services to business customers.
Sky Studios Limited needs to use your personal information (data) for a number of reasons. This privacy notice informs you about the way Sky Studios Limited uses your personal data. It contains information about what personal data is used, how and why it is used, and it also provides you with an overview of the data protection rights you may have.
Who we are and how to get in touch
We are Sky Studios Limited. Our company number is 04377175 and our registered address is Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD.
References in this policy to “Sky Studios Limited”, “Sky” “we” “us” or “our” should be interpreted accordingly.
What type of information we have and where it comes from
We have listed the broad categories of personal data that we may process about you below. The purposes for which we process your personal data are listed further below and we have given a few examples there to help you understand how the categories of personal data and the purposes for which we process them are linked.
If you’d like further information, you can contact us as described further in this policy. We may use the following broad categories of personal data:
- Information you've provided to us about your business, its employees, or other contacts, including their names and contact details.
- Information relating to products and services you've booked or enquired about
- Information relating to your customer service interactions and other administrative information with us including personal data you provide when you exercise your rights under our contract with your business or any applicable data protection legislation.
- Images recorded by CCTV
How we obtain your information, why we have it and what we may do with it
We are the data controller for the information that we collect and process about you. Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or your business contact for one of the following reasons:
Purposes and legal bases
The main purpose for which we process your personal data is so that we can provide you with our products and services in accordance with the contract you or your business has with Sky. In addition to the main purpose described above, we may also use personal data for the following purposes and in reliance on the following legal bases:
- Where you give us consent, we will process your data in order to send you direct marketing or contact you to discuss enquiries you have made about our service. This may include communications by post, telephone, SMS, email or other electronic means, using the contact details you have provided, about us and our products, services and events and for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a customer of ours.
- We may also need to use your personal data or pass it to others (such as site management companies) so we can meet legal or regulatory requirements;
- To protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of protecting national security. We do this primarily to comply with applicable laws. However, where no laws require such sharing, we rely on our or the applicable third party’s legitimate interest in enforcing our/their rights or in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes;
- We may pass your personal data to anyone who takes over our business for them to use for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. We would do this on the basis of our and their legitimate interest in ensuring a continued operation of Sky.
We do not currently process personal data in the context of automated decision-making or profiling that would produce legal or other significant effects for you. If that changes at any time in the future, we will notify you beforehand as required.
How we may share your data
We work with a number of suppliers to process your personal data for the purposes described above. These suppliers act on our behalf and must only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. The categories of suppliers that we may use include:
- IT companies (such as Microsoft for communications purposes)
- Other Sky group companies (Information can be found here)
- Site management service providers (such as Mitie to support the operational running of Sky)
- Document management and file sharing providers (such as Box)
Where our suppliers are based outside of the European Economic Area, we grant these suppliers access to personal data only if appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws, regulations and regulatory guidance. More information can be obtained about this processing by contacting us as described in this notice.
How long we keep personal data
The information you provide to us is stored securely on Sky and suppliers’ servers.
In general, your information is retained for as long as you are actively engaged in activity at/with Sky Studios Elstree plus 30 days to enable us to respond to any follow up questions you may have. We also retain a limited amount of information for 10 years in order to comply with HMRC and tax queries.
We will then dispose your information by securely destroying physical copies and deleting back-up copies on computers and systems.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you in an electronic format, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us using the information below if you wish to make a request.
Whether your right can be exercised depends on the circumstances and so if you exercise your rights, we will check whether such exercise is valid and will keep you informed throughout this process.
Managing your marketing preferences
You can always choose not to receive direct marketing from us in the following ways:
- Emailing us at email@example.com
When you make a request not to receive marketing, it can take us up to one month to process that request. If you receive direct marketing from other Sky group companies or in relation to other Sky services (such as Sky TV, Sky Broadband, Sky Mobile, Sky WiFi or Now TV) you can choose not to by contacting them directly.
If you have any queries or comments about this privacy notice, please write to Sky Studios Limited , Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD marked for the attention of “Data Protection Officer” or contact Sky’s Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to complain
Finally, if you are unhappy with how your personal information has been treated, please contact the Data Protection Team at email@example.com we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website.
Changes to this notice
We will occasionally update our privacy notice. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes, and, where appropriate, notify you using any of the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. This may include phone, SMS, e-mail, post. We encourage you to periodically review our notice to be informed of how we use your information.
This privacy notice was last updated 23 August 2023.